PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY deals with the dental and oral needs of all children from birth to adolescence. As the child grows from infant to preschooler to teens, the dental needs change accordingly. For instance in infants teething problem, preschoolers have nursing bottle caries and most teens require orthodontic treatment (braces). Dental decay can be prevented but often parents consult the dentist when child complains of pain or related symptoms. The Pediatric dentist understands the dental needs of your child at different stages of growth and development. A poor oral health can affect the child’s quality of life.
“Each and every child has a fundamental right to his / her total oral health and we as pediatric dentists have an obligation to fulfill this faith.”
The centre provides following dental treatment for children:
1. Dental health education for children and parents
- Importance of dental visit
- When to start brushing your child’s tooth
- How to brush your child’s teeth. (Brushing techniques for infants)
- Demonstration of brushing techniques for children
2. Behavior assessment and its management
- Every child at a particular age has a set of anxieties and fear which cannot be neglected.
- Using different aspects of child psychology the pediatric dentist aims at making your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience.
- Incase your child had an unpleasant dental experience in the past, don’t worry …..using suitable behavior modification techniques we can render dental treatment to
- your child and develop positive dental attitude.
3. Preventive Dentistry
- Diet counseling and modification
- Fluoride programs
- Pit and fissure sealant
- White spot lesion management
4. Treatment of decayed teeth
- Dental fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Stainless steel crowns
- Esthetic crowns
5. Orthodontic treatment:
- Naso alveolar moulding for cleft lip & palate patients
- Correction of oral habits (thumb sucking, lip biting etc.)
- Space maintainers
- Fixed orthodontic treatment (braces)
6. Dental treatment under General anesthesia
We have an experienced team of Pediatrician, Pediatric dentist, Pediatric anesthesiologist, who provide dental treatment under general anesthesia.
The centre is well equipped with an operation theatre and emergency care unit.